Norse Tradesman Handforged Viking Battle Ax with Rune Engravings - The Skeggøx
- NORSE STYLING - Drawing inspiration from Viking artifacts, this Viking replica ax features hand carved Norse runes along its rosewood shaft.
- HAND-FORGED SKEGG AX HEAD - Constructed to last and designed to perform, each battle ax features a 7" skegg ax head (bearded - elongated, hooked shape) with semi-razor sharp edge which has been given an excellent heat treatment to achieve a 55-58 Rockwell scale hardness.
- BUILT FOR BATTLE - This ax is no toy, and is fully functional. Though we do advise against cleaving down your enemies, as this will result in imprisonment. Also, this ax is NOT for chopping wood.
- ROSEWOOD SHAFT - The ax handle is made from one piece of quality rosewood, one of the most hard and durable timbers available.
- SPECIFICATIONS: 20" rosewood handle, 7" 1095 carbon steel ax-head, 4.5" razor sharp blade, 55-58 RC hardness, 2.6 lb total weight
The Norse Tradesman, authentic, hand forged Viking battle ax is no trinket. Though relatively small, this melee weapon will strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. A skilled Viking warrior would often fight with a small ax in one hand and a shield in the other. The versatility of this weapon made it a staple of Norse raiders and warriors.
And of course, the simple functionality of the weapon was not the only concern. The Nordic warrior held his weapon in great reverence and often lavished them with elaborate decorations. The quality of which indicated a warrior's social status in Norse society.
- Shaft - Material: Rosewood | Length: 20 inches | Thickness: 1.25 inches
- Ax Head - Style: Bearded | Material: 1095 carbon steel | Length: 7"
- Blade - Length: 4.5" | Razor sharp edge
- Weight- 2.6 lbs (not including sheath)